The Electricity Sector Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ES-ISAC) shares critical information with industry participants regarding infrastructure protection. Each critical infrastructure industry has established an ISAC to communicate with its members, its government partners, and other ISACs about threat indications, vulnerabilities, and protective strategies. ISACs work together to better understand cross-industry dependencies and to account for them in emergency response planning.
The Electricity Sector Information Sharing and Analysis Center serves the electricity sector by facilitating communications between electricity sector participants, federal governments, and other critical infrastructures. It is the job of the ES-ISAC to promptly disseminate threat indications, analyses, and warnings, together with interpretations, to assist electricity sector participants take protective actions.
ES-ISAC engages in the following activities:
- Receives incident data from private and public entities.
- Assists DOE, FERC, and DHS in analyzing event data to determine threat vulnerabilities and trends, as well as interdependencies with other critical infrastructures.
- Facilitates analysis of incident data and prepares information.
- Disseminates threat alerts, warnings, advisories, notices, and vulnerability assessments.
- Maintains a close operating liaison with other private and public government infrastructure information sharing and analysis centers.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of private and government infrastructure interdependencies.
- Maintains a secure Internet site to facilitate messaging among participants.
- Participates in government infrastructure exercises.
- Conducts outreach.
|2013 CRPA Risk Preparedness Assessments (CRPA) Program Expansion|
The CRPA delivers an expertise facilitated, technically informed incident response exercise- assessing your organization’s capabilities to:
· Detect cyber attacks;
· Prevent cyber attacks;
· Respond to cyber attacks;
· Manage electronic systems and electric power assets to minimize potential damage;
· Communicate and coordinate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
BPS Asset Owners and Operators are invited to learn more about CRPA and reserve an exercise timeframe- availability is limited.
2013 Cyber Risk Preparedness Assessment Openings
1. June 19-20 OPEN
2. June 26-28 OPEN
3. July 10-12 OPEN
4. July 17-19 RESERVED
5. July 24-26 OPEN
RSS feed for Public Announcements
RSS feed for Public Calendar